Office of University Development (OUD) Mission Statement:
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive, and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations, and corporations.
Marketing Team Mission Statement:
The marketing team provides expert strategic marketing guidance, planning, and execution to development colleagues throughout the University of Michigan, and partners in sharing impactful stories that celebrate and inspire life-changing support.
Our team is responsible for the execution of digital communications and supporting fundraising programs with a special focus on driving engagement via social media, online communities, and crowdfunding programs.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented online engagement assistant to join our team and collaborate with us on marketing efforts. We need someone with curiosity and inspiration, talent and passion; someone who can support and enhance our “Leaders and Best” brand via social media and digital channels.
- Supports the implementation of comprehensive communications and social media plans
- Authors, when necessary, editorial content for social media, email, and web
- Seeks opportunities to maximize donor/supporter engagement through social conversations and stewardship
- Supports the design of online digital elements, as needed
- Supports digital fundraising efforts
- Provides research and cataloging support
- Supports special projects
- Assists with updating and maintaining the Leaders and Best Impact website
- Assists with presenting consistent, timely reporting on digital performance
- Assists with administrative support for the team, as needed
- Current University of Michigan student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Strong writing skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to set and manage priorities, while handling multiple assignments and deadlines
- One to two years of related experience creating content for digital platforms
- Familiarity with social media channels and trends
- Passion for the University of Michigan and development
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience adding or managing content on WordPress
- Experience with an email platform like MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.
Hours: 20.0 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $15/hour