The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented student to serve as a Social Media Intern. Working directly with the marketing and communications team, the intern will conceptualize and create original digital media content for the Alumni Association’s social media channels, assist in the development, planning, and execution of content calendars and social media campaigns, and develop strategies to increase engagements and followers, particularly on Instagram.
Applicants should have impeccable communication skills, extensive familiarity with channels like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, an enthusiasm for all things social, and an ability to tell stories through copywriting, photography, graphic design, and video.
- Brainstorm ideas for day-to-day posts
- Conceptualize and help implement campaigns to increase engagements and followers
- Develop content calendar for Instagram Stories, focusing on organic coverage of day-to-day moments on campus and the promotion of internal programs and (virtual) events
- Create content by building stories and graphics and capturing photos and videos from around campus
- Build on digital engagement and promotional plan for new student membership
- Analyze analytics to measure the success of campaigns
- Familiarize with Alumni Association voice and brand guidelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An eye and ability for visual storytelling
- Familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the social media landscape as a whole
- Video editing
- Graphic design
Applicants should provide a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include, if applicable, links to any public social channels you manage (personal or otherwise) and responses to the following prompts:
- What is your favorite social channel to use and why?
- On any channel, what is an account you enjoy following and why?
- In the length of a tweet, tell us why you would be a good fit for this job.