University Sales and Marketing Manager
Float is looking for a sales and marketing focused student or recent graduate to help us grow our supply of parking lots in new college campuses.
As a Regional Sales and Marketing Manager at Float, you will have significant influence on our vision and growth strategy as you help us grow our supply of parking lots in new markets. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with local businesses, parking lot owners, churches, and property owners, walking them through the onboarding process, and making sure they are set up for long term success on our platform. You should also utilize marketing channels and student connections to increase our supply and demand.
If you can hustle, execute, find creative ways to solve problems, and win customers you’ll have the
opportunity to make a huge impact on the growth of Float Parking.
You’ll have the constant support of the founding team, but you’ll be responsible for learning on the fly
and figuring out how to accomplish your goals in a fully remote position.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive supply-side acquisition, sell businesses and parking lot owners on joining Float’s platform.
- Build and execute on a launch plan and strategy for your market – Identify and contact target accounts in your defined territory.
- Market available spots to students, faculty, and businesses through a variety of social media channels.
- Report regularly on your successes and failures, providing actionable insights that will lead to your
continued professional development.
- Entrepreneurial – Highly motivated, creative and able to self-manage.
- Resilient – You have a problem-solver’s mindset and can adapt quickly in an early stage startup
- Competitive – You love to win, close deals, and blow past targets in a commission driven role.
- Persistent – Willing and able to generate leads through email, in person drop in meetings and phone
calls. You know how to turn a ‘No’ into a ‘Yes’ and win customers over.
- Effective communicator – You’re an expert at taking complex processes and systems and explaining
them in a way that anyone can understand.
Commissions will be 24% of the gross revenues of any parking lots in your region for their first year in operation.
The main sales cycle will be from July – August 2020
Locations – You will be required to spend time in your college town over the summer in order to get on the ground and sign up hosts.
Ann Arbor State College Charlottesville Chapel Hill
A startup founded by three students from UNC Chapel Hill, Float aims to be the world’s largest marketplace for parking, solely powered by local hosts. As our cities become more and more crowded, our existing space becomes that much more valuable. An economic empowerment engine, Float has the potential to help millions of entrepreneurs monetize their extra parking space. By designing better ways to find, reserve and pay for parking, we make our cities more accessible and our world more connected!
If you would like to have significant influence on an early-stage company and work in a closely knit, fast- paced startup environment, we would love for you to join our team!
Apply today at www.floatup.co/careers