Remote Summer Internship Program
Representative Donna Lasinski is a Democrat running for re-election to her third term in the Michigan House of
Representatives. She represents the 52nd House District in northern and western Washtenaw County.
Representative Lasinski also serves as the MI House Dems Campaigns Chair, leading the charge to recruit
and support great candidates and win a Democratic majority in the State House this November.
She has a proven record of success working to strengthen our public education system, protect our natural
resources, support a woman’s right to choose, and promote equality for all Michiganders. You can find more
information at votedonnalasinski.com.
Internship responsibilities may include:
● Planning and executing remote fundraisers and volunteer events
● Calling voters and other remote forms of direct voter contact
● Preparing research on prospective donors and managing candidate call time
● Recruiting and training new volunteers
● Creating social media and communications content
● Helping Representative Lasinski secure key endorsements by completing policy-based questionnaires
and preparing memos and talking points for her endorsement interviews
Internship qualifications include:
● Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
● Dependability, flexibility and ability to be self directed in accomplishing work goals
● Ability to manage tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing needs of the campaign
● Commitment to the values and ideals of the campaign
Location: This is a remote internship. If the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” restrictions change before the end of the
internship there may be opportunities to work in an office in downtown Ann Arbor (walking distance from the
University of Michigan campus) or to attend events in the district.
Compensation: Primarily unpaid with school credit available, although interns who commit to more time may
be eligible for a monthly stipend.
Duration: Internships start on a rolling basis and go through August, with the opportunity to extend to Election
Day, November 3rd.
To apply: Please send your resume with the following information to email@example.com.
- Have you had any work, intern or volunteer experience in politics, advocacy or organizing? Experience
- Have you ever knocked doors, phone banked, fundraised or planned events? Experience not required.
- What is your availability and how many hours are you able to commit to weekly?
- When will you be able to begin?
- What other information would you like us to know about your experience, skills or interest?
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.