The Ann Arbor Street Art Fair – the Original, a 501(c)3 organization and one of the nation’s premiere annual outdoor visual arts events, is currently seeking an advanced level student for a paid summer intern position. The internship offers a tremendous opportunity to gain hands-on experience and build your resume as part of a small, dedicated team that produces one of the most highly ranked art fairs in the country. The Program Coordinator Internship provides you with real-world event production experience as you assist with the planning and implementation of the 2020 Street Art Fair, Townie Street Party, and Dart for Art. The 2020 Ann Arbor Art Fair is July 16th-19th and the Townie Street Party and Dart for Art are July 13th.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, but works closely with the Artist Coordinator and Operations Manager to implement or assist with an assortment of programs that are part of Art Fair week. These include, but are not limited to: the Youth Art Fair, Community Central, Art Activity Zones, Demo Zone; Fountain Stage, information stations, and overall event operations for both the Fair, Townie Party, and Dart for Art.
- Strong desire to build a career in event management.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to see a project through to the end.
- Ability to work independently or work at the direction of others as appropriate.
- Good listening and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with Art Fair participants and the public in a pleasant and professional manner at all
- Ability to problem-solve and obtain positive outcomes under pressure.
- Willingness to work as a member of a small but dedicated team in a highly kinetic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
The internship offers a flexible start date, beginning in late April with limited hours, steadily increasing to 15-20 hours a week as we get closer to the events. Full-time+ will be required the week before and during the Art Fair. The position will conclude after wrap up is complete in July. Hours are flexible around specific deadlines and prescribed timeframes. Overtime is paid during fair week. To apply for this internship, please submit a cover letter and resume to Maureen Riley at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the internship is filled.