The Ann Arbor Street Art Fair – the Original, a 501(c)(3) organization and one of the nation’s premiere annual outdoor visual arts events, is currently seeking an advanced level student for a paid spring/summer intern position. The internship offers a tremendous opportunity to gain hands-on
experience and build your resume as part of a small, dedicated team that produces one of the most highly ranked art fairs in the country. The Communications Coordinator Internship provides you with real-world marketing and event management experience as you assist with the planning and implementation of the 2020 Street Art Fair, Townie Street Party and the Dart for Art. The 2020 Ann Arbor Art Fair is July 16th- 19th and the Townie Street Party and Dart for Art are July 13th.
The Communications Coordinator works as part of team that produces the Street Art Fair, Townie Street Party, and Dart for Art. The Communications Coordinator’s primary focus is graphic design, social media marketing, and content management. Duties include, but are not limited to, graphic design layout projects, updating Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, updating website content, writing and sending e- newsletters, and working with the Art Fair’s PR firm as appropriate. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. The Communications Coordinator is expected to work the events and will be assigned on-site duties as part of the production team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience using, social media platforms.
- Familiarity with web content management.
- Familiarity with graphic and video design.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to see a project through to the end.
- Ability to work independently or work at the direction of others as appropriate.
- Ability to deal with media, artists, and the public in a pleasant and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to problem-solve and obtain positive outcomes under pressure.
- Willingness to work as a member of a small but dedicated team in a highly kinetic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Strong desire to build a career in a communications or marketing field.
The internship offers a flexible start date, beginning in late April with limited hours, steadily increasing to 15 then 20 hours a week as we get closer to the events. Full-time+ will be required the week before
and during the Art Fair. The position will conclude after wrap up is complete in July. Hours are flexible around specific deadlines and prescribed timeframes. Overtime is paid during fair week.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Maureen Riley at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.